BULK OR LARGE ITEMS
The Elyria Sanitation Department does pick up bulk or large items. Bulk items are defined as large items of residential waste which, because of their volume, size, shape, or weight, cannot be placed for collection in City-issued garbage bins.
- Bulk or large items such as stoves, TV’s, washers, refrigerators, furniture, swing sets, etc., should be disassembled as much as possible and placed curbside with your regular collection. Refrigerator and /or freezer doors must be removed before placing outside for collection.
- The Elyria Sanitation Department will not accept any appliances containing refrigerants. Refrigerators, freezers and/or air conditioners that have been discarded must first have the Freon discharged and the appliance tagged by certified technicians. Only after items have been properly sealed by technicians will the City of Elyria pick them up.
- Large Boxes and bags must be contained as much as possible and not weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Carpet and padding must cut and tied into bundles no more than 4′ in length.
- All screws and nails must be removed from items set out for bulk pick up.
- Additional charges may apply for large bulk piles.