PARKS & RECREATION BOARD
The Parks and Recreation Board is an advisory board to the City of Elyria, providing for the development, maintenance, and operation of parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities and programs of the City, including:
- rendering assistance to and/or cooperating with organized groups conducting recreation programs;
- stimulating interest in the care and preservation of historical and scenic sites; and
- making recommendations to Council concerning the general state of the City’s recreation and park programs/facilities.
2022 MEETING DATES
Meetings are usually held on the second (2nd) Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m., rotating locations across City facilities monthly. Interested individuals are still able to participate at board meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic; masks are required at each facility, and physical distancing measures will be in place to protect all attendees.
*If you would like to be added to the meeting agenda, please notify the Parks Department at least seven days in advance.
|Month||Meeting Date||Location||Meeting Minutes|
|January||January 13, 2022||South Recreation Center|
|February||February 10, 2022||West Recreation Center|
|March||March 10, 2022||Finwood Estate|
|April||April 14. 2022||South Recreation Center|
|May||May 12, 2022||Parks & Recreation Conference Room|
|June||June 9, 2022||South Recreation Center|
|August||August 11, 2022||East Recreation Center|
|September||September 8, 2022||West Recreation Center|
|October||October 13, 2022||North Park Sports Complex|
|November||November 10, 2022||Parks & Recreation Conference Room|
|December||December 8, 2022||Finwood Estate|
All dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
PARKS & RECREATION BOARD MEMBERS
- Sam Battle, Chairperson | Term Expiration: 12/31/23
- John Hammond, Vice Chairperson | Term Expiration: 12/31/24
- Gina Kilgore | Term Expiration: 12/31/25
- Stacey Francis | Term Expiration: 12/31/22
- Maggie Lieux | Term Expiration: 12/31/26
- Tami White-Martinak, Secretary