PARKS & RECREATION BOARD
The Parks and Recreation Board is an advisory board to the City of Elyria, providing for the development, maintenance, and operation of parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities and programs of the City, including:
- rendering assistance to and/or cooperating with organized groups conducting recreation programs;
- stimulating interest in the care and preservation of historical and scenic sites; and
- making recommendations to Council concerning the general state of the City’s recreation and park programs/facilities.
2023 MEETING DATES
Meetings are usually held on the second (2nd) Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m., rotating locations across City facilities monthly. Interested individuals are still able to participate at board meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic; masks are required at each facility, and physical distancing measures will be in place to protect all attendees.
*If you would like to be added to the meeting agenda, please notify the Parks Department at least seven days in advance.
|Month||Meeting Date||Location||Meeting Minutes|
|January||Thursday, January 12th||South Recreation Center|
|February||Thursday, February 9th||West Recreation Center|
|March||Thursday, March 9th||Finwood Estate|
|April||Thursday, April 13th||South Recreation Center|
|May||Thursday, May 11th||Parks & Recreation Conference Room|
|June||Thursday, June 8h||South Recreation Center|
|August||Thursday, August 10th||East Recreation Center|
|September||Thursday, September 14th||West Recreation Center|
|October||Thursday, October 12h||North Park Sports Complex|
|November||Thursday, November 9th||Parks & Recreation Conference Room|
|December||Thursday, December 14th||Finwood Estate|
All dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
PARKS & RECREATION BOARD MEMBERS
- Sam Battle, Chairperson | Term Expiration: 12/31/23
- John Hammond, Vice Chairperson | Term Expiration: 12/31/24
- Gina Kilgore | Term Expiration: 12/31/25
- Stacey Francis | Term Expiration: 12/31/27
- Maggie Lieux | Term Expiration: 12/31/26
- Tami White-Martinak, Secretary