Citizens Online Reporting System
Welcome to the Elyria Police Department Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online report filing is right for you:
- Is this an Emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside of Elyria city limits?
- Are there known suspects?
- If the incident is a motor vehicle accident, did it occur on a city or state roadway?
If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Online Reporting Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted”.
- Be given a police report case number for tracking purposes.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Elyria Police Department Online Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Thefts, Private Property Accidents and Supplemental Reports.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident” to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Elyria Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 440-323-3302) to file your report.