Elyria, OH –
As a recipient of CARES Act funding, the City of Elyria Office of Community Development is now able to offer grants for organizations interested in providing services, projects, programs that serve Elyrians throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible Public Service Actions Include COVID-Necessary Expenses, But Are Not Limited To:
- Expenses for food delivery to residents, including, for example, senior citizens and other vulnerable populations, to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions
- Provide assistance to food banks and for organizations providing food delivery to vulnerable residents such as senior citizens or persons with disabilities
- Expenses to facilitate distance learning, including technological improvements, in connection with school closings to enable compliance with COVID-19 precautions
- Expenses associated with the provision of economic support in connection with the COVID-19 public health emergency,
- employment and training programs necessary due to the public health emergency,
- a program to assist individuals with payment of overdue rent or mortgage payments to avoid eviction or foreclosure or unforeseen financial costs for funerals and other emergency individual needs
- Community organizations, including senior centers, community recreation centers, libraries, and other similar locations to assist with COVID safety, sanitation, and to maintain services while social distancing.
This grant program and any specific grants are contingent upon the availability of funds. If at any time this funding source is depleted, this grant program and any commitments to fund specific grants may become null and void.