Issue 6 was passed by voters in March 2016. Funds generated by the 0.5% temporary levy are used to provide critical residential and safety services to protect home values and ensure Elyria remains a great place to live, learn, work and play.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The cost for $50,000 of taxable income is only $.68 per day – or $250 per year.
- Individuals who are retired, unemployed or disabled are exempt and do not pay this tax.
- This tax is critical to Elyria’s operations – as a result of State cuts, the City collects $2 million less per year.
HOW ISSUE 6 FUNDS ARE HELPING ELYRIA
- $1.5 million | Residential street resurfacing and repair
- $1 million | Additional police officers and associated equipment/supplies
- $1 million per year | Capital improvements for the Elyria City Parks and Recreation Department to support quality of life for our residents and visitors
- $1.2 million | Capital needs including building upkeep and repairs, vehicles and communication equipment
- $800,000 | Maintaining basic city services
- $500,000 | Economic Development, revitalization and industry/business retention and expansion