The City of Elyria is issuing a Snow Parking Ban beginning on Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 6:00pm through Sunday, February 5, 2022 at 6:00am. Residents are reminded to obey all current on-street parking pursuant to Elyria Ordinance 351-18 “Snow Emergency” that lists streets prohibiting parking of those designated streets; these streets are signed with “no parking” when snow exceeds 4” (four) inches or more. See list below.
Residents throughout the City, that are not in designated snow ban areas, are encouraged to remove vehicles from on street parking for the duration of the ban. The City will make available the Washington Avenue public parking lot for those who need a place to park a vehicle.
The parking ban on the designated streets will be enforced by the Elyria Police Department. Motorists are reminded to use extra caution during this weather event and are encouraged to restrict any unnecessary travel when possible.
The City of Elyria will utilize all of its resources to keep the main roads, bridges, hills and curves cleared during the event and will have all available resources utilized to start secondary and side streets after the height of the storm has passed.
For further information please contact the Safety Service Director’s office at 440-326-1404
These streets are signed with “no parking” when snow exceeds 4” (four) inches or more:
• 2nd St. between East Ave. and West Ave.
• East Ave. & Broad St.
• East Ave. between 4th and 16th St. – Northbound lane, east side of roadway
• East River St. between Eastern Heights Blvd. and Lincoln St.
• Garford Ave. between Colgate and Eastern Heights Blvd.
• Kerstetter Way between Broad and West Ave.
• Middle Ave. between 3rd and 16th St.
• Oakdale Circle between Defiance Ave. and South Abbe Rd.
• Ohio St. between Washington Ave. and Gulf Rd.
• Park Ave. between Michigan Ave. and Oxford Ave.
• Ridge St. between East River St. and E. Bridge St.
• University Avenue between E. River St. and South Abbe Rd.
• Washington Ave. between Broad and Ohio St.
• West Ave. between 4th St. and Oberlin Rd.
• Whitman Blvd. between N. Abbe Rd. and Gulf Rd.
• Winckles St. between Taylor and Clark St.