Your prime responsibility is the health and safety of pool patrons. Duties are not just limited to those responsibilities. Verbal and written duties will be given as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Be at work on time.
- Be ready to guard when you arrive at work.
- Open the pool on time. Be in the pool area 5 minutes before scheduled opening.
- Follow the dress code policy.
- Do not leave your station except in the execution of an emergency or upon being properly relieved.
- Do not read, smoke or indulge in horseplay while guarding. At all times your personal conduct is being watched by the public.
- Know the pool rules and see that they are understood and enforced consistently
- Check the condition of the board, ladders, guard chair, and other equipment each time you are on duty. Notify manager of any defects.
- Guard Rotation- Please have consideration for your fellow guards and be on time when rotating.
- When relieving a guard, it is mandatory to keep your eyes on the pool at all times. Don’t leave your station until the guard relieving you becomes situated in the chair.
- Be professional, alert, and courteous.
- Help enforce another lifeguard’s disciplinary action even though you may feel that they are unjust–discuss it later.
- Know and understand the emergency procedures for the pool.
- Be fair and equal in disciplinary actions. Be consistent in your actions and do not play favorites.
- You are responsible for cleaning bathrooms, deck, guard room, hallways, vacuuming the pool, showers, monitoring the bathrooms, check for soap, toilet paper, and emptying all trash.
Qualified candidates should submit a City of Elyria application found at https://www.cityofelyria.org/department/human-resources/ or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person to ATTN: HR, 131 Court Street, Suite 104, Elyria, OH 44035.