FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Development, and with close interaction with the Mayor, this position plans, organizes and implements community development and economic development activities to promote quality of life, growth, and development of the City of Elyria.
The successful Community Development Project Manager is a self-motivated, innovative individual with excellent technical, analytical, finance, communication and presentation skills who works closely with the Director of Community Development and the Mayor to nurture community and economic development programs, practices, and activities that lead to measurable, cost-effective results for the growth of the City.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.*
- Performs administrative tasks in order to assist with the efficient operation of federal grant, community development and economic development programs.
- Serves as a liaison with community development and economic development groups; provides information regarding community and economic development activities.
- Assists in preparation of grant applications.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning, City Planning, or a related discipline is preferred. A minimum of 2 years of experience actively working in the community development and/or economic development field in a public-serving organization is preferred.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: Valid Ohio Driver’s License is required.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Research, collect and analyze data
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, or regulations to specific situations
- Think analytically and creatively
- Work independently
- Work across disciplines to effectively link community development strategies to other quality of life issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work involves walking, talking, writing, typing, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. The employee may be required to push, pull or lift 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Qualified candidates should submit a City of Elyria application found at https://www.cityofelyria.org/department/human-resources/ or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or in person to ATTN: HR, 131 Court Street, Suite 104, Elyria, OH 44035.
*The above position description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the City.