The City of Elyria Engineering Department has announced two separate road construction initiatives, the LORAIN BOULEVARD construction project and STREET RESURFACING PROGRAM. Details are as follows:
LORAIN BOULEVARD CONSTRUCTION:
Lorain Boulevard roadway construction activities will begin on the morning of Wednesday, September 5, 2012. The work will span Lorain Boulevard between State Route 57 and Lake Avenue. This will include the State Route 57 intersection as well as the east intersection of Lake Ave. The initial work will begin at the State Route 57 intersection and proceed southbound, with total project duration of approximately six (6) weeks. Traffic delays should be expected and although traffic will be maintained at all times an alternate route is suggested.
STREET RESURFACING PROGRAM:
The following list of locations are scheduled to be resurfaced. Work will begin Monday, September 10, 2012 and is expected to be completed by the end of September.
- Ohio Street (Hardwood to Pasadena)
- Intersection at Eastern Heights Boulevard and Fairlawn Avenue
- Miami Avenue (Sherman Street to Park Avenue)
- Harrison Street (Ridge Street to St. Clair Street)
- 6th Street (Middle Avenue to East Avenue)
- Howard Street (966 Bennett Drive to Wilshire Court)
Questions and comments can be directed to the Elyria City Engineer at 440-326-1444.