Dear JumpStart Elyria Participant,
Thank you for your continued attendance and support of the JumpStart Elyria Transportation & Business District Re-development Planning Process for the Downtown, Midway and Cleveland Street. We are approaching the final phase and encourage you to join us for one of two sessions to be held in Elyria City Hall Council Chambers (second floor) – 131 Court Street from 8:30am – 10:00am or 6:30pm – 8:00pm on Wednesday April 1st.
The purpose of this meeting is to (1) present the summary of findings from the Market Analysis, (2) learn about the recommended economic development and implementation strategies, and (3) discuss the priorities for infrastructure and connectivity relative to the proposed recommendations. While your reservation to attend is not required, it would be very helpful if you would let us know if you are coming so we can plan for set-up and refreshments. To make your reservation, please call Carrie in the Mayor’s Office at 326-1402 by Monday, March 30th.
ELYRIA TRANSPORTATION & BUSINESS DISTRICT RE-EVELOPMENT PLAN AGENDA
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015 (8:30am – 10:00am or 6:30 – 8:00pm) Elyria City Hall
- Welcome & Introductions – Mayor Holly Brinda
- Summary of findings from the Market Analysis – Abby Ferretti, Partners for Economic Solutions & Heather Arnold, StreetSense
- Economic Development Strategy Analysis & Implementation Strategy – Abby Ferretti, Partners for Economic Solutions & Heather Arnold, StreetSense
- Priorities for Infrastructure & Connectivity – Terry Schwarz, Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative Discussion & Next Steps – All
So far, JumpStart Elyria has had over 180 stakeholder participants! Even if you have only attended one session or participated in a phone interview, I would encourage you to attend one of these two final sessions, as they will be the most important moving forward. Videos of previous meetings are available for viewing here .
Thank you again for your continued consideration and participation in this process. Our ability to create a realistic, data-driven, market-tested redevelopment strategy that takes into consideration our own strengths and challenges and neighboring markets are important to our success. It’s something that Elyria has never done before and we are so very pleased you have chosen to help us set a new, more informed course for our community. I look forward to seeing you on April 1st.
Holly C. Brinda