Dear Elyria Stakeholder,
As someone who has a significant interest in the vitality of Elyria’s business districts, I am inviting you to participate in the second of a three-part initiative designed to jumpstart Elyria’s downtown, Cleveland Street and Midway areas. Thanks to a federal grant, the City has commissioned a market analysis and re-development planning process for these areas. We have hired some of the top urban planners and researchers in the country (Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative and Streetsense of Bethesda, Maryland) to help us figure out how to best position Elyria for success.The entire process will take about 18 months, but your input is important as the plan becomes more refined.
One of the City’s partnering consultants on this project, Terry Schwartz, Director of the Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative, will be in Elyria February 12, 2015 and will hold two meetings for interested parties. Please try to attend one of these two meetings. They will be held from 8:30am – 10:00am, and 6:30 – 8:00pm, in the second floor Council Chambers at Elyria City Hall – 131 Court Street – Elyria, Ohio44035.
The agenda will include:
1) Welcome and Introduction – Mayor Holly Brinda (5 minutes)
2) Recap of previous community meetings – Terry Schwartz& Below (5 minutes)
3) Summary of Findings from the Market Analysis (15 minutes)
4) Connection Development Opportunities and Infrastructure Enhancements (30 minutes)
- Cleveland Street
5) Discussion Groups (30 minutes)
6) Next Steps (5 minutes)
- Economic Development Strategy Recommendations: March Meetings
- Linking Physical Improvements to Economic Opportunities
Please be part of the solution and mark your calendar to attend one of these two meetings.Your advanced reservation is encouraged, but not required, to help us plan for set-up.Please make your reservation by calling the Mayor’s Office at (440) 326-1402 by Tuesday, February 10.
Thank you in advance for your consideration. I look forward to seeing you on February 12.
Holly C. Brinda