Bring the Family and Join Us For
ELYRIA’S 2016 SALUTE TO AMERICA:
THE WINDSTREAM GREAT AMERICAN PICNIC & FIREWORKS SHOW
June 30, 2016 (rain date July 1) 4:00 – 11:00pm at West Park – 1200 Foster Avenue
FIREWORKS SCHEDULE & INSTRUCTIONS
4:00pm: West Park Opens to the Public
4:00pm: Handicap Parking opens (Central West Park Parking Lot off Foster Avenue)
4:00pm: Picnic Begins/Food Vendors Open
7:00pm: Elyria Parks & Recreation Staff provide family games
7:15pm: Live Music on the Windstream Communications Stage begins, featuring performances by Elyria’s own E.T. King and the Determination followed by Headlining Band The Whiskey Kings, fronted by WKYC’s Monica Robbins
Dusk: Opening Presentations & Fireworks
- Mayor Holly Brinda: Welcome, Introduction of Sponsors
- Presenting of the Colors – Elyria Veterans Groups
- Pledge of Allegiance – US Army Veteran Terry Stone
- Star Spangled Banner: Tim Deery
- Fireworks begins
- Handicap Parking: Enter the Central West Park Parking Lot via the Foster Avenue entrance. An official Handicap Parking Identification Tag will be required to gain access for drop-off and parking.
- Please Carpool: While the City is working hard to create parking for this event, there will still be a limited number of parking spots available.
- 11:45pm: Curfew begins
Parking Prohibited: For safety purposes, parking on the streets will be limited so please pay attention to posted signage. Some of the restricted parking Streets are:
- Clemens Avenue – Both sides from SR 113 to West Park (Oakwood Avenue)
- Oakwood Avenue – Both sides from Clemens Avenue to Penfield Avenue.
- Penfield Avenue – Both sides from Oakwood Avenue to Lowell Street.
- Lowell Street – Both sides from Lake Avenue to Elyria Corp. (West of the railroad track overpass.)
- Foster Avenue – Both sides from West Park to Woodland Avenue and the west bound side from Woodland Avenue to Lake Avenue.
- Spruce Street – Both sides from Penfield Avenue to Oakwood School.
Residential Traffic: Only residential traffic will be permitted on Rockfern and Seneca avenues.
Adjusted Traffic Patterns: Please see the city’s website for complete traffic pattern adjustments for the fireworks celebration at www.cityofelyria.org .
Park Rules for the Fireworks
You may bring into the park: blankets and beach towels, tarps, lawn chairs, personal-size umbrellas, cameras, cell phones, binoculars, sealed water bottles, baby strollers, wagons, food, flashlight, bug repellent, coolers. All items brought into the park are subject to city inspection.
The following items are strictly prohibited: fireworks or sparklers; throwing or batting toys; skateboards or inline skates; bicycles; laser pointers; alcohol; illegal drugs; tents; large golf umbrellas or flags; animals (except service dogs).
Please, be thoughtful when setting up lawn chairs that you try not to block others’ views; try not to smoke cigarettes in close proximity to others – especially children; be thoughtful while navigating through crowds to insure the safety of those who may be unsteady on their feet or those transporting children in strollers or wagons.
For your dining pleasure, the following food vendors, who will be inspected and approved by the Elyria Health Department, will be providing food: Hershey’s Ice Cream ‘n More, Marco’s Pizza, By the Slab Catering, Lorenzo’s Pizzeria, & traditional carnival fare from both Goldstar Food Service and Island Delights.
For safety and security reasons, the City of Elyria will be enforcing an 11:45pm city-wide curfew to encourage citizens to leave West Park and the neighborhood immediately after the fireworks show.
Thank You to These City of Elyria Summer of 2016
Community Reinvestment Sponsors
(Fireworks, Camps, Concert Supporters: $10,000 – $500)
Windstream Communications, Elyria Charities Inc., BASF Corporation, Republic Services, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, 3M Corporation, 3M Gives, Friends of Cascade Park, Bob’s Tire Service, K.E. McCartney & Associates, Inc., United Initiators, Ridge Tool, KS Associates, American Legion Post #12, Northwest Bank, University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, AECOM, EcoTree Services, LLC, Dunlap’s Garage, Elyria Rotary, LifeCare Ambulance, Gregory Trucking Inc., Elyria Elks Lodge #465, … and many, many more.
Traffic Revisions and maps are available below (click for a larger version of each):