APPLE FESTIVAL RESTRICTIONS: September 18-September 21
On Thursday, September 18, 2014, at 10:00 am, the following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic in preparation for the 2014 Apple Festival:
- Court Street (Bank Traffic Only) between Broad St and 3rd Street
- Middle Ave between Broad and 3rd Street
- 2nd Street between Middle Ave., and Court Street.
Two-way traffic will be allowed on 2nd Street between East Ave and Talmer Bank and Trust’s Drive and West Ave., to Elyria City Hall’s Parking Lot.
Parking will be prohibited on:
- Court St between Broad St and 3rd Street
- Middle Ave between Broad St and 3rd Street
- 2nd Street between Court and West Avenue
- 2nd St between Middle Ave and East Avenue
On Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 5:30 am, Broad Street will be closed between, West Ave and East Ave and between East Ave and Cedar Street for the Apple Festival Car Show. Broad Street traffic will detour south and north on East Ave., and south and north on West Ave. Broad Street will reopen after 4:00 pm.
Normal traffic patterns will return on Sunday, September 21, 2014 after 11 pm.
APPLE FESTIVAL 5K RUN: SEPTEMBER 21, 2014
On Sunday, September 21, 2014, at 8:15 am, the following streets will be closed in preparation for the 2014 Apple Festival 5K Run:
- Washington Avenue from Ohio Street to Elywood Drive
- Glenwood Avenue from Ohio Street to Washington Avenue
- Hamilton Avenue may be closed if the alternate route is used.
Streets will reopen when the 5K Run is completed.