Medal of Valor
1. All employees are eligible for the valor award.
2. An extremely hazardous situation must be present, either directed towards a civilian or a police officer or both.
3. The employee must have displayed an obvious attempt to take action to overcome the extremely hazardous situation.
4. The display of courage, professionalism and selflessness is required.
5. At least one witness must have observed the incident under consideration.
6. The incident must have brought credit to the Elyria Police Department, fellow officers or the individual proposed recipients.
Year Recipient 2010 2006 2004 2001 2000 2000 2000 2000
Most Awards listed are from 2000 and newer. Awards information from prior years is very incomplete.