- City of Elyria - http://www.cityofelyria.org -

Oct 10, 2017 Community Development Meeting-Public Hearing-Minutes

The tape of this meeting is on file in the Council Clerk’s Office

TO THE HONORABLE COUNCIL, CITY OF ELYRIA, OHIO

The Community Development Committee held a meeting on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:00 P.M. in Council Chambers.

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MEMBERS PRESENT: Committee Chair Callahan, Members Jessie, Cerra, Madison ABSENT: Mitchell

OTHERS PRESENT: Mayor Brinda, Safety Service Director Siwierka, Assistant Law Director Deery, Assistant SSD Brubaker, Parks & Rec Director Bowman, Finance Director Pileski, Community Development Director Ashley Scott, Mona Almobayyed, Jean Childers

BUSINESS OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING

Approval of the 9/25/2017 meeting minutes.

Cerra moved, Jessie seconded to approve the 9/25/2017 meeting minutes. MOTION CARRIED

A Joint Meeting of the Community Development Committee and Finance Committee held a meeting on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:00 P.M. in Council Chambers.

FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Committee Chair Stewart, Members Tanner, Baird, Madison ABSENT: Lotko

BUSINESS OF THE JOINT MEETING

The matter of the FY 2018 Community Development Block Grant Action Plan and Consolidated Plan Annual Update.

PUBLIC HEARING #2

Mr. Callahan read the Public Hearing Notice:

Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on October 10, 2017 in Elyria City Council Chambers, Elyria City Hall, 131 Court Street, Elyria, Ohio at 6:00 p.m. concerning the City’s FY 2018 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, draft Annual Action Plan. The intent of the Plan is to create a housing and community development strategy in which the City of Elyria identifies resources and programs to address various needs for the 2018 Program Year.

The purpose of the Public Hearing is to review the draft Annual Action Plan and obtain the views of citizens on the City’s Community Development, Economic Development and Housing needs and to provide an opportunity for citizen participation in determining activities to be funded.

The public hearing minutes have been provided by the court reporter are attached, herewith, made a part thereof and designated as Exhibit “A”.

itted by,eSubm a01R0)0difikPO Colleen Rosado, Secretary

1

Page 1

Public Hearing held before the Community Development

and Finance Committees of Council, held at the Council

Chambers, Elyria City Hall, 131 Court Street, Elyria,

Ohio, on Tuesday, the 10th day of October, 2017,

commencing at 6:00 p.m.

 

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS

Chairman

Thomas Callahan Marcus Madison Mark Jesse Jack Cerra

FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS

Victor Stewart Larry Tanner Marcus Madison Jack Baird

ALSO PRESENT

Colleen Rosado Holly Brinda Amanda Deery Mary Siwerka Ted Pileski Lisa Bowman Kevin Brubaker

Chairman

Secretary of Council Mayor Assistant Law Director Safety Service Director Finance Director Parks & Rec Building Department

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT Ashley Scott Director Mona Almobayyed Jean Childers Secretary

1 P-R-O-C-E-E-D-I-N-G-S 2 MR. CALLAHAN: Okay. Item on, the first 3 item here for the Joint meeting is a notice you are 4 hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on 5 October 10th, 2017 in Elyria City Council Chambers, 6 Elyria City Hall, 131 Court Street, Elyria, Ohio at 7 6:00 p.m., concerning the City’s Fiscal Year 2018 8 Community Development Block Grant Program.

9 This would be the draft of the Action Plan.

10 And the intent of the plan is to create a Housing and

11 Community Development strategy in which the City of

12 Elyria identifies resources and programs to address

13 various needs for the 2018 program year.

14 The purpose of the Public Hearing is to review

15 the draft of the Action Plan and obtain the views of

16 citizens and the City’s Community Development Economic

17 Department development and housing needs to provide

18 ‘the opportunity for citizens participation determining

19 activities to be funded in the 2018 fiscal year

20 program.

21 That being said, Mrs. Scott.

22 MS. SCOTT: Thank you.

23 For those of you who do not know, I’m

24 Ashley Scott. I’m Director of the Community

25 Development here at the City. I also have here 1 tonight Mona Almobayyed. If you would please stand. 2 This is the second of three Public Hearings on 3 the Block Grant Formula Year 2018 Action Plan and the 4 Annual Update to the Consolidated Plan.

5 Just for clarity, tonight is only a Public

6 Hearing. A vote is not going to be requested at this

7 meeting, as this matter is going to be held in

8 discussion on October 30th.

9 This Public Hearing tonight is to inform the

10 Council Committees and the public of the draft budget

11 as well as all the funding requests that we received.

12 At the third Public Hearing, I will ask that

13 the Committee review the budget and develop a draft

14 budget for public comment. The comment period will

15 start November 9th and it will expire on December

16 11th. At the December 11th meeting, all comments

17 received will be presented to the Committee. And at

18 that time, the Community Development Department will

19 request the Committee to take final action so that the

20 Action Plan can go before full Council for final

21 approval on December 18th.

22 The first Public Hearing was held on

23 August 28th. A description of the purpose and the

24 eligible uses was provided, as well as a summary of

25 the activities and the status of the 2017 funds.

Page

1 Applications for Subrecipient funding were

2 posted online and mailed to various non-profits on

August 29th. Requests were accepted from August 29th

4 through October 5th at noon. Further, staff held an

5 informational meeting on September 7th for the funding

6 requests and to answer any questions. We were also

7 available to discuss requests and answer any questions

on September 28th from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.

9 So for informational purposes, I’m going to put

10 on the screen a list of the activities that were

11 funded in 2017.

12 So as you can see here, for this current

13 program year we had Administration, Planning and Fair

14 Housing. Housing Rehab, Code Enforcement, flashing

15 beacons, sidewalks on Fuller Road. And in target

16 areas, park improvements itself.

17 We decided to keep the revolving loan fund and

18 the ED activity from prior year. The Habitat for

19 Humanity activity was dissolved. We also funded

20 various public service activities through the Parks

21 and Rec Department, the Boys & Girls Club,

22 Neighborhood Alliance, the Elyria Arts Council, Adopt

23 A School, Save Our Children, Mount Nebo and the Lorain

24 County Urban League.

25 As a reminder, HUD guidelines require no more 1 than 20% of the annual grant plus the anticipated 2 program income to be used for admin and planning and 3 no more than 15% of the annual grant and the previous 4 year’s program income for public service activities. 5 Anticipated carryover has been programmed into 6 this draft budget. Unanticipated carryover will be 7 programmed into the same activity, unless it does not 8 exist, which in that case it would be programmed into 9 Housing Rehabilitation. Ten percent of all program 10 income will be programmed into Administration. 11 In previous years, additional unaccounted 12 carry-over was programmed into that same activity and 13 the program income was programmed into admin and 14 housing rehab. In 2017, any remaining funds in the 15 Public Service activities were transferred to the

16 South Park improvements.

17 It is advisable that the full 15% available for

18 the 2018 funds for public service activities are not

19 budgeted as there is no guarantee the final expended

20 amounts from the previous program year are expended.

21 Although no carryover is anticipated, caution should

22 be taken to account for any unexpended funds so that

23 we do not exceed our allowable cap.

24 As in previous years, the actual increase or

25 decrease in funding will be divided equally among all

1 activities.

2 Please note on the budget sheet, we’re

3 proposing to keep Fair Housing in with the general

4 administration activity. If we move it back down to

5 public service, it will go against that 15% public

6 service cap.

7 Staff provided Council with copies of all the

8 funding requests that we received and a copy of the

9 draft budget today. Once again, this plan and budget

10 will be brought for your review in the Public Hearing

11 on October 30th. Therefore, once again, tonight is

12 only to advise the public and the Committee of the

13 funding requests that were received and the review of

14 the grant requirements. It is requested that the

15 Subrecipient rating systems be completed and returned

16 to the Community Development Department no later than

17 October 23rd.

18 It should be noted that if City Council chooses

19 to fund a Subrecipient, the organization will need to

20 meet with the City to clarify the logistics of the

21 program and sign an agreement. The proposed activity

22 must be new or expanded and benefit low to moderate

23 income persons. The City will provide a reimbursable

24 grant to the agency and the City will not reimburse

25 any expenses prior to an agreement being signed nor

1 prior to March 1st of 2018.

There are nonprofit representatives in the

3 audience tonight to speak on behalf of their

4 application, at your discretion, as well as a

5 representative from the Parks and Rec Department.

6 These agencies may also be available at the

October 30th meeting to speak regarding their

8 application and,to answer any questions that you may 9 have.

So I’d now like to take the time to go over

11 this budget sheet so you have an idea of what we’re 12 going to be looking at on the 30th, and then we’ll get 13 into the summaries of the funding requests that were 14 received.

So as you can see, the orange, that is our

16 Admin. I’m just going to scroll down here. This

17 budget reflects every single application that was

18 received, so you will see the 2018 cap amounts; the

19 20% admin cap, the 15% public service cap and then our

20 30% Slum & Blight cap is also included as well. So

21 everything in purple is public service. Everything in

22 green is our Slum & Blight, and then the admin.

23 I would like to note that you’ll see four

24 different funding requests that are shaded in gray.

25 And this is all for public service activities. 1 It was noted at the meeting last year to not 2 put before the Committee funding requests that were

3 incomplete. I do have all of that information tonight

4 and an explanation as to why they were considered 5 incomplete for your review if you would like to hear 6 that. Some of them it was just missing a piece of 7 documentation, et cetera. So we went ahead and put 8 that on the budget, and on October 30th if you wish 9 for those line items to be removed, we can go ahead

10 and remove them.

11 So we’ll start with the Boys & Girls Club. The

12 Boys & Girls Club is requesting $10,000 to support a

13 Middle/High School Activities Program at South Rec.

14 They will be providing a new service by providing new

15 components to their program. They will partner with

16 Save Our Children Teens, the College’s STEAM program

17 and Elyria City Schools to transport teens to South

18 Rec after school. This program will serve 120

19 students.

20 The City has funded this program for the 2016

21 and 2017 program year. For the 2016 program year, the

22 Subrecipient expended the entire funding amount and

23 met their reporting requirements. The Subrecipient

24 was not tracking CDBG funds separately as Federally

25 required, but it has indicated that they will do so in

1 future rounds.

To date the Subrecipient has expended zero

3 percent of their funds for the 2017 program year, and 4 the City has not received any beneficiary forms

5 to-date. The Subrecipient indicated that they did not 6 begin programming in the summer as anticipated, but

7 the programming did begin on September 5th.

Second Baptist Church Adopt-A-School Initiative 9 is requesting $8,000 in funds to provide shoes and

10 socks to children who attend the Back-to-School Rally.

11 They are also requesting funding to purchase laptops, 12 ink cartridges, Geek Squad Protections and internet 13 service. The program will assist 400 persons.

The City funded this Subrecipient for the 2016 15 and 2017 program year. For the 2016 program year, the 16 Subrecipient did not expend the entire funding amount.

17 The Subrecipient has expended 62% of their funds

18 to-date for this year. And they have submitted 28

19 beneficiary forms as well. 86% of the forms submitted 20 were for LMI persons.

The Elyria Parks & Rec Department is requesting 22 $30,000 in CDBG funds to support the TAP Active People 23 Program. This is available at East and West Rec

24 Centers. It’s designed for senior citizens and

25 incorporating physical activity, community engagement 1 and social interaction through programs including 2 chair yoga, bus trips, lunch outings and informational 3 speakers. They also offer classes in Pickleball, 4 exercise, aerobics, golfing, et cetera.

The TAP program also provides blood pressure

6 checks for seniors. The Department anticipates

7 assisting 105 persons this year. For the program year 8 of 2018-2019, the Elyria Parks & Rec Department

9 proposes to add line dancing, trips and craft

10 projects. CDBG funds would be utilized to pay for

11 instructors and operating supplies for the program.

The Parks & Rec Department is requesting $7,000 13 in CDBG funds to support the Open Rec program at East 14 and West Parks. This is an after school program for

15 children ages kindergarten through high school. It

16 provides recreational activities, sports, and quiet

17 places to work on homework. Both centers primarily

18 serve low to moderate income households. It takes

19 place Monday through Friday from October to February.

The new component for the program is to work 21 with United Way Collaborative South Side Pride.

22 Parks & Rec will provide space and supplies for the 23 partner agencies. The total budget for this program 24 is $8,500. And an anticipated 79 persons would

25 directly benefit.

1 The Parks & Rec Department is also requesting

2 $7,000 in CDBG funds to help support the Reach & Rise

Discovery Camps at South Park. The camps are offered

4 over the summer and they are free to all participants.

5 The purpose is to provide a safe place for children

6 and educational activities over the summer months.

7 The funds will be utilized to support the salaries of

8 staff. The goal this year is to expand access to

9 those camps for more children. They reinforce skills

10 in science, math and reading, promote positive

11 behavior and character development and offer

12 nutritious meals. A total of 185 unduplicated Elyria

13 residents are anticipated to benefit from this

14 activity, which is an increase from the 180

15 unduplicated Elyria residents from last year. The

16 total budget is $51,470.33. Both years, in 2016 and

17 2017, the Parks & Rec Department expended 100% of

18 their funds.

19 The Lorain County Urban League is requesting

20 $20,000 in CDBG funds for the Job Training Project

21 EmpowerU program. These funds will be used to support

22 staffing. The program screens clients and matches the

23 individuals for local job opportunities. Clients are

24 also offered services such as resume writing, skill

25 building, placement and internships as well as 1 workshops and counseling services. An anticipated 70 2 LMI persons will receive assistance. The cost of the 3 program is $49,900.

The City has funded this program for the 2016 5 and 2017 program year. For the 2016 program year,

6 this Subrecipient expended the entire funding amount 7 and met their reporting requirements. The

8 Subrecipient was not tracking the funds separately as 9 Federally required, but they have also indicated that 10 they would do so. The Subrecipient to-date has

11 expended 39% of their 2017 funds and they have

12 provided 18 beneficiary forms.

The Salvation Army is requesting $7,000 of

14 funds for their Emergency Services Program. This

15 program provides emergency food items, utility

16 assistance vouchers and emergency shelter. It is an 17 ongoing program and does not have an implementation 18 schedule. The total program is $17,000, and the funds 19 would be used to cover utility vouchers and hot meals.

20 This is a new service and an anticipated 820 LMI

21 persons would directly benefit.

Our F.A.M.I.L.Y is requesting $8,000 of CDBG 23 funds for the Community Garden Initiative. This

24 initiative would provide gardening and greening

25 opportunities for the physical and social benefit of 1 the people and neighborhoods in the City of Elyria. 2 The total program is $17,550 and the funds will be 3 used for gardening supplies. This is a new service 4 and an anticipated 40 residents will directly benefit.

The YWCA of Elyria is requesting $8,500 of CDBG

6 funds for the Elyria Elders Project. It should be

7 noted that $3,600 is not eligible. Therefore, the

8 City can only consider funding for $4,900. The

9 Project will provide opportunities for 30-45 low to

10 moderate income seniors to socialize and be active

11 together through monthly day trips to local areas of

12 interest. The total program cost is $13,400 and the

13 funds would be used for transportation and staffing.

14 It is a new service.

15 The Southside Pride Collaborative/Horizon

16 Activities Center is requesting $20,000 of CDBG funds

17 for the Middle School Out-of-School Time

18 Transportation Project. It should be noted that

19 $7,600 is not eligible. Therefore, the:City can only

20 consider funding for $12,400. Further, the City will

21 not be able to enter into an agreement with the

22 Collaborative itself as the Collaborative is not a

23 stand-alone 501(c)(3), so the agreement would have to

24 be with Horizon. The program will provide

25 transportation for youth between school and approved 1 out-of-school time opportunities and then to approved

2 community locations for a safe return home. The total

3 budget for this project is $55,650 and the funds will

be used to hire a bus driver and install a two way

5 communication and tracking system. It is a new 6 service with an anticipated 4,400 beneficiaries.

As previously noted, there were four

8 applications that were incomplete, so I would like to 9 take a moment to go over those.

The Elyria Bicycle Education Center was

11 requesting $5,887 of funds for the Portable Community 12 Bike Shop Project. The project intends to take

13 bicycle maintenance and mechanics to the community

14 through a series of workshops for students and young 15 people. The total program is $5,557 and the funds

16 would be used for project kits, usage fees, printing, 17 instructor fees and miscellaneous supplies. It would 18 be a new service and an anticipated 60 people would 19 benefit. The application did not include the State 20 and Federal tax determination letters. However, it 21 was noted in the application that those items

22 currently are in process as they are a new nonprofit.

Spark Theatre is requesting $4,800 of CDBG

24 funds for the South-Central Arts Classes. Spark

25 Academy will offer classes on a variety of performing 1 arts topics such as acting, movement and playwriting 2 for students ages 4 through 18. An anticipated 25

kids would benefit. The total program cost is $4,800

4 and the funds would be used for staff, supplies, venue

5 rental, marketing, background checks and artist

travel. This is a new service. The application did

7 not include an authorization from the Board of

8 Directors.

9 The Elyria Mini Pioneers Youth Football & Cheer

10 Program is requesting $10,000 for the Elyria Mini

11 Pioneers. The City can only consider $7,500 of this

12 request as some of the expenditures were not eligible.

13 There are an estimated 30 beneficiaries. It is a new

14 service. The total budget is $12,000. This program

15 is for children from low to moderate income families

16 that cannot afford to pay for their children to play

17 sports or participate in extra activities. The

18 funding is requested for new helmets and shoulder

19 pads. The application did not include the Federal and

20 State tax determination letters, however, it did

21 include documentation from the IRS that •the agency is

22 a charitable status. There was no documentation that

23 the organization filed the domestic/nonprofit with the

24 State. However, it was determined today that due to

25 the amount of money that they receive on an annual 1 basis, which is under $25,000, that they are not 2 required to be incorporated. Staff needs to look 3 further into this request to determine eligibility.

4 Save our Children is requesting $15,336 in CDBG

5 funds for the Elyria Teens Achieve Success Summer

Program. The funds would be used to support staffing.

7 Teen liaisons would assist ninth and tenth graders

8 with one-on-one homework and tutoring help. Teen

9 liaisons will deliver a college and career readiness

10 curriculum and enhanced literacy. The goal of the

11 program is to encourage ninth graders to stay in

12 school, stay off the streets and make positive life

13 choices. An anticipated 35 LMI persons would receive

14 assistance. The total cost of the program is $25,336.

15 The application did not include an agency financial

16 statement or a copy of the most recent audit, but they

17 did include a copy of their 2015 990 tax form.

18 The City funded this program for the 2017

19 program year. The Subrecipient has expended zero

20 percent of their funds to-date and we have not

21 received any beneficiary forms to date.

22 So moving along to the Public Facilities

23 requests, the Elyria Parks & Rec Department is

24 requesting $59,000 for tennis courts and fencing at

25 South Park. The funds would be used for resurfacing 1 the tennis courts, the demolition of two older courts, 2 new fencing and new courts. The park improvements

will serve predominantly persons that reside on the

4 south side of Elyria in Census Tracts 714, 710 and 5 713. The total project budget is $59,000, with a 6 total of 4,000 persons being served.

7 The Elyria Parks & Rec Department is requesting

8 $61,000 for a new shelter at South Park. The funds

9 would be used for the shelter, a concrete pad, the

10 installation and the prep work. The park improvements

11 will serve predominantly persons that reside on the

12 South Side of Elyria in Census Tracts 714, 710 and

13 713. the total project budget is $61,400. The total

14 number of persons who would directly benefit is 4,000.

15 The Elyria Parks & Rec Department is requesting

16 $16,000 for two new drinking fountains with spigots at

17 South Park. The park improvements will serve

18 predominantly persons that reside, once again, on the

19 South Side of Elyria. The total project budget is

20 $16,000, with 4,000 persons benefiting.

21 Engineering submitted a request for $91,350 for

22 sidewalks and curb ramps. According to the proposal,

23 $74,000 would be spent in the St. Jude’s Area

24 including Longfellow, Hawthorne and Beebe. $17,350

25 would be spent in the Ridgelawn Area on East River 1 Street. Staff was not provided with information 2 regarding the estimated beneficiaries or the total 3 project budgets. This project would improve ADA 4 routes by replacing deteriorated, cracked, unleveled, 5 broke and missing sidewalks and replacing 6 non-compliant curb ramps with new. The goal is to 7 have sidewalks and ramps replaced by the end of 8 December 2018. And the sidewalks and ramps would 9 provide a safe route for pedestrians and wheelchairs. 10 Engineering is requesting $9,000 for the 11 purchase and installation of solar powered rectangular 12 rapid flashing beacons on Fuller Road. The flashing 13 beacons will be activated by pedestrians wanting to 14 cross the street at an existing crosswalk. The 15 beacons will improve pedestrian safety. The staff was 16 not provided with the information regarding total 17 budget, the anticipated beneficiaries or the exact 18 project location on Fuller Road.

19 Engineering is requesting $50,000 for

20 park/downtown sidewalks, curbs and pavers along the

21 streets. The funds would be used to replace existing

22 sidewalks, curbs and pavers where conditions do not

23 meet current standards. The work would be completed

24 by the end of 2018, and some of the areas would

25 include Ely Square and from Chestnut to Cedar and

1 Kerstetter to 3rd.

As previously noted, we’ve put in the full 20% 3 cap for the Administration, an estimated for $200,000 4 for Emergency Home Repairs. This also covers five

5 partial salaries, supplies & advertising. This

6 activity directly benefits low to moderate income

7 persons. Funds are also utilized as leverage in other 8 programs such as the Community Housing Impact and

9 Preservation program.

Code Enforcement: $200,000 is requested.

11 Currently there are three full-time inspectors for

12 code enforcement in the CDBG target areas.

One thing I would like to note as well on this 14 budget sheet is, as we did last year, you’ll see that 15 negative $312,901.80. We have to bring that number 16 down to zero to stay within our budget. Any notes

17 that you choose to put on there, we can go ahead and 18 do at the time. You know, like last year you decided 19 any carryover from public service activities would go

20 into a certain activity, we would go ahead and put

21 that on there at that time to avoid having to do a

22 substantial amendment once we get our final allocation

23 and know our final numbers.

24 So if there are any questions, I’d be happy to

25 entertain them.

  1. CALLAHAN: Thank you, Mrs. Scott.

Any questions? Finance Director, Mr. Pileski.

  1. PILESKI: Through you.

Ashley, in the third column where it says FY

5 2018 allocation and it’s $630,339, shouldn’t that be

6 $838,926?

7 MS. SCOTT: So if you look in Cell A, I

8 believe it is, it’s the 2018, your total allocation

9 plus our anticipated carryover, plus our program

10 income. So the $630,339 plus our program income, plus

11 any anticipated carryover is where that’s calculated.

12 So as you can see, our, what our estimated budget is

13 going to be for that we have to decide on is the

14 $630,339.

15 So this is all done on the formula. So as you

16 can see, the D-3 cell, sorry, my contacts are drying

17 out, plus the D-3, plus the C-3, so this essentially,

18 that, plus that. And that’s where that 838 comes in.

19 Does that make any — am I explaining that correctly

20 or well enough?

21 MR. PILESKI: So if you go down, go down

22 to the negative $300,000 that’s, you’re not going from

23 the six sixty-five down to one million one fifty-one?

24 MS. SCOTT: No. What we do is, that is

25 basically, the $630,339 that whole column, Column C, 1 so it’s $$630,339 minus the $943,241. So as we start 2 moving the budgets and reducing some of those figures, 3 that number will eventually go down to zero, so then 4 we’ll have our anticipated budget.

5 MR. PILESKI: Okay.

6 MR. CALLAHAN: Any other questions from

7 anyone on the panel? Mr. Madison.

8 MR. MADISON: Thank you, Mr. Chairman,

9 through you. Two questions just for clarity.

10 So the 312, that’s the number we’ve got to cut

11 or are we cutting the, round it to 46 where the 15%

12 public service cap is. I know you said it earlier,

13 but I didn’t hear you.

14 MS. SCOTT: So the numbers that we’ll

15 really be adjusting on the 30th is everything in

16 Column C, so that’s our anticipated 2018 allocations.

17 So as it looks right now you would have to cut,

18 because I put every single funding request in here and

19 their dollar amount, $312,000, because the total

20 funding requests received total to be $943,241.

21 MR. MADISON: Thank you. Through you.

22 With the current organizations that receive

23 grants, what’s the deadline or what’s the time frame

24 for them to submit all of the documents and forms that

25 were required with the grant that we awarded last year 1 as well as expend the funds in their account? 2 MS. SCOTT: Okay. So in our agreements 3 we ask that, depending on when the program starts,

4 that they submit a monthly reimbursement request to us

5 as well as their beneficiary forms on a monthly basis. 6 They have until December 31st of 2017, until the end 7 of this year, to expend all of their funds.

8 MR. MADISON: Thank you.

9 Then the follow-up question is, I guess through

10 you or to the Committee, we would have to discuss the

11 four organizations that it says incomplete here, but

12 it seems as if they submitted something except they

13 just didn’t fit the criteria that we’re looking for.

14 So I guess through you, where or how should we have

15 that conversation? Do you have a recommendation for

16 us or is that just something we want to wait until the

17 next meeting.

18 MS. SCOTT: Are you asking me or the

19 Committee?

20 MR. MADISON: Yes. I think so. I need

21 your help.

22 MS. SCOTT: So here are a couple of

23 options that you could do. You could not consider

24 them for funding as they were incomplete. You can

25 give them a deadline to submit that last piece of 1 information. I would highly recommend that if you go 2 that route, that you make it at least a week prior to 3 that October 30th meeting so that Community 4 Development has ample time to review it and have any 5 discussions with them.

Or you can go ahead and consider them for

funding and, you know, if there is documentation that

is still in process, you know, due to, you know,

9 outside entities that are outside of their control and

10 give them a deadline to get it. And if they don’t,

11 then we can just do a note at the bottom of the screen

12 that if they don’t provide whatever documentation by

13 such and such a date, that the funding will go to a

14 different activity. So there’s a couple of ways you

15 would be able to work that.

16 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you.

17 I was going to suggest that, depending on what

18 the Committees’ thoughts were on it, that we could, so

19 those applications that are incomplete, that they be

20 here at City Hall in the Community Development office

21 no later than 4:30 on Monday, October 23rd. That’s a

22 suggestion on my part. Mrs. Scott, what do you think

23 of that date? That’s one week prior.

24 MS. SCOTT: Yes, we could work with that.

25 MR. CALLAHAN: Okay. That’s an idea I’ll

1 throw out there to the Committees. Like that time and

2 date, we could put that in the record.

3 MR. MADISON: I’ll support it,

4 Mr. Chairman.

  1. CALLAHAN: Okay, good.

6 Mr. Stewart, what are your thoughts?

V MR. STEWART: I was just going to make

8 the recommendation for Friday at noon, but I’m open to

9 the 23rd as well. I mean, we can have other

10 discussions. I think last year we ran into the last

11 minute crunch of getting everything together and it

12 was, you know, I think those groups that supply the

13 information and did all the leg work initially on and

14 they met those deadlines, then we kind of let the door

15 open for others. And I understand we want to be fair

16 and we want to help everybody out, but I think we have

17 to have a set time and place.

18 So I’m open to the 23rd. I’m open to whatever

19 gives the Community Development Block Grant Department

20 and Mrs. Scott and her staff to take that information,

21 digest it, because they’re going to be scrambling to

22 get something else, you know, I know we’re up against

23 that time now, it’s getting close, so that would be a

24 way.

25 Another question in regards to some of these, 1 the applicants, do they meet all the guidelines? I 2 mean, I know a lot about the City programs, but there 3 were some last year that struggled to meet some of 4 that applications and timelines that we did over 5 there. Can you give us a status on any of these who 6 have submitted these applications?

  1. SCOTT: In terms of the Subrecipients 8 that we funded last year?
  2. STEWART: Yes.
  3. SCOTT: So going back to the Boys & 11 Girls Club, we have not received an invoice to date, 12 so we have to say that zero funds have been expended 13 to date for this current program year. And we have 14 not received any beneficiary forms to date.

On the Adopt A School, they have submitted

16 invoices and they have expended 62% of their funds and 17 they have submitted 20 beneficiary forms.

The Parks & Rec Department, I do not have their 19 exact expenditures here with me tonight for their TAP 20 Active People Program or their Open Rec Program,

21 however, I do know that they have expended a hundred 22 percent of their funds for the Reach & Rise Discovery 23 Camps.

The Urban League, they have expended 39 percent

25 of their 2017 funds and they have provided 18 1 beneficiary forms to date for their program.

2 Let me go through here.

3 Save Our Children, we have not received an

4 invoice to date from Save Our Children or beneficiary forms.

And Mount — let me go back here. Further, we 7 have not received, you know, I don’t know, of our

8 other Subrecipients last year including Mount Nebo,

9 the Elyria Arts Council, we have not received any

10 invoices from them to date.

  1. STEWART: Thank you.
  2. CALLAHAN: Mr. Madison.
  3. MADISON: Thank you, Mr. Chairman,

14 just a follow-up question to what you just shared with

15 us.

16 What’s the process that your office has? So

17 for example, the invoices are not coming in, the form

18 that you’re requesting, is that, do you guys have a

19 standardized form that the organization has to fill

20 out to report that information? You know, what’s the

21 process?

22 MS. SCOTT: Yes. So after they’re

23 funded, we have a conversation. Well, we have a

24 meeting with them. We go over all the requirements.

25 We go over the contracts. We do provide beneficiary 1 forms for them to utilize. This year we also are

providing time sheets due to the 2CF R200

3 requirements, we wanted to make it more consistent 4 across the board. So we have provided that. We go 5 over the deadlines. We send e-mails and make contact 6 to all of the organizations prior to their monthly 7 dates that we request for invoices to be received. 8 And we also follow up with them, like if it’s on the 9 10th, you know, on the 10th or shortly after the 10th 10 of every month, whatever their contract says, if we 11 have not received anything. So we do, you know, 12 notify, you know, on a regular basis, we send out 13 reminders, you know, as often as we’re able to. And 14 obviously as the deadline comes near for their 15 agreement, which is December 31st, we will be, you 16 know, e-mailing regularly just to make sure all funds

17 have been expended.

18 MR. MADISON: Thank you.

19 MR. CALLAHAN: Are there any other

20 questions concerning this?

21 Okay. We had talked about the extension with

22 regards to those Subrecipients whose applications were

23 incomplete. We talked about, I brought up Monday, the

24 23rd. Mr. Stewart brought up some good points and

25 said Friday, I believe this Friday, the 13th, 1 Mr. Stewart, or Friday the 20th? 2 MR. STEWART: It would be the 27th.

  1. BAIRD: Or is that too late?
  2. CALLAHAN: I thought it had to be by 5 the 30th, is what was referred to. We had an issue

6 for the 30th, I think that’s too, the 30th is too

7 late.

8 MR. STEWART: I’m open to the 23rd,

9 October the 23rd.

10 MR. CALLAHAN: I believe Mrs. Scott said

11 that October the 23rd gave her a little more time. Is

12 that correct?

  1. SCOTT: That is correct. And what 14 our office will do is we will send probably like the 15 e-mails and try and make contact with everybody first 16 thing tomorrow morning. And I will recommend to them 17 that they work with our office and not submit the

18 documentation at the last minute. I would prefer if 19 it’s not correct by that deadline, on the 23rd, then 20 it’s just not going to be accepted.

  1. STEWART: I agree.
  2. CALLAHAN: Okay. It appears that

23 everybody on the panel agrees that Monday, the 23rd at

24 4:30 at the Community Development office. Okay, thank

25 you.

1 Any other questions or comments from anyone on

2 the panel? We’ll get to them. I’m talking about the

3 panel right now.

Mr. Baird.

5 MR. BAIRD: Just a comment. A lot of

6 these things, all of these things, I won’t say that

7 many of them, all of them are nice programs and they

8 do a lot of good. And normally I would say I’m not

9 sure I’d agree that the government ought to be doing

10 all these things, but these are funds that we receive

11 from the Federal Government, so it’s our decision to

12 make what we think are the most important, have the

13 most impact in the community. So all of them can’t be

14 done unless they’re going to get much, much less than

15 they anticipated. I suspect they all know that, but

16 sometimes it’s the 600 pound gorilla in the room, so

17 that people, just because they put down some numbers

18 think they’re going to get it. That isn’t the way

19 it’s going to work.

20 MR. CALLAHAN: Right, right. We’ll have

21 to discuss that and debate it and go forward on the

22 next meeting on the 30th.

23 MR. CALLAHAN: Mr. Jesse.

24 MR. JESSE: Through you, Mr. Chairman.

25 Ashley, I think I have, you had this ’17 up 1 there a minute ago. I think I have it in a file at 2 home, but could you e-mail that out to us just so we

3 have it.

4 MS. SCOTT: Of the 2017?

5 MR. JESSE: Yes, just so we can compare

6 what we did last year. I think I have it, but in case

7 I don’t.

  1. SCOTT: Yes, I can go ahead, I’d be 9 more than happy to e-mail the working document and the 10 Excel file, anything you need, so.
  2. JESSE: Okay. Thank you.
  3. CALLAHAN: Any other questions of

13 anyone on the panel?

If not, at this time I would ask, are there any 15 Proponents?

Ma’am, you can come up to the microphone and 17 state your organization, name and address for the

18 record.

19 MS. BROWN: My name is Merry Brown. I’m

20 with the Adopt A School. I’m sorry, my name is

21 Merry Brown, and I’m with Adopt A School Initiative at

22 Second Baptist Church.

23 I don’t know how we are doing this, because the

24 other organizations that got all of their materials in

25 and struggled to get them in, it was currently spoken

1 on this correspondence that if you didn’t get it in by

2 that date, you would.not be considered. And I don’t 3 know how you can go back and give them more time when 4 we could have had that more time. And it’s just not 5 fair to the ones that got it in by twelve o’clock on

6 Friday. And I’m just appalled at that, that you would

7 go back and give them more time. Because everybody 8 got the sheet. I struggled. I, you know, called to

9 make sure that everything I needed I had to have. And

10 I’m sure the rest of those organizations that got 11 their’s in on time did the same thing. And I just 12 don’t know how it’s fair to those that’s up there in, 13 what is that, purple, and the others that didn’t would 14 get more time. I just don’t know how this community 15 could decide that, and that’s just my thought, because 16 probably if I didn’t get it, I would probably be 17 saying that, give me more time, but that’s not fair to 18 the others. And fair is fair, and I just don’t think

19 that that’s fair.

20 MR. ÇALLAHAN: Thank you.

21 Please state your name and address for the

22 record and the organization.

23 MR. TAYLOR: Thank you. My name is

24 Bobby Taylor, 176 Timberlane Drive, is my home

25 address. I’m here speaking on behalf of Our FAMILY, 1 fathers and mothers involved in local youth.

Our FAMILY was formed as a 501(c)(3) agency on 3 July 21st, 2006 by Imogene and Bob Taylor, Sr. Since 4 1996, they planned, organized and taken children on an 5 annual all expense paid field trips to Atlanta and

6 Orlando and provided targeted stem instruction along 7 with classroom support to fifth grade students at

8 designated adopted schools. During the year long

9 programming schedule students participated in numerous 10 social and recreational activities that introduced the 11 youth to experiences outside their immediate

12 neighborhoods.

In the spring of this year, Our FAMILY began 14 managing a community garden on Mussey Avenue. The

15 eight bed garden featured one raised bed of produce 16 for each participating family. We were blessed to

17 partner with Cleveland Road Supervising for technical 18 training, seeds and plants. The success of this

19 garden allowed us to partner with the lovely women of 20 Three Bags Full, who are managing the community garden 21 on Furnace Street. The success of that partnership 22 allowed the two of us to co-manage the 24 bed garden 23 on Louisiana Avenue and start a little free library.

To maintain these gardens, we could not do it 25 alone. It has truly become a community garden 1 community. Numerous residents filled water barrels 2 with water collected in jugs donated by White House 3 Artesian Springs. Garden parties have included youth 4 volunteers from Lorain County Community Action Agency, 5 Case Foundation and Ohio Needs Jobs, plus adult 6 volunteers from Invest Elyria and Connections Young 7 Professionals of Lorain County.

8 A special garden luncheon was prepared for our

9 Mayor using produce from the gardens. And on a more

10 personal note, my 11 year old daughter, Sidney,

11 donates proceeds from her business in supporting the

12 efforts of providing fresh produce to areas with

13 limited supermarket access.

14 Our request is a modest investment of $8,000

15 for equipment and supplies for not only the current

16 gardens, but to expand the number of gardens that we

17 will manage to include two gardens on Gates Avenue and

18 gardens on Middle Avenue and Fuller Road for a total

19 of seven properties.

20 No money will be used for staffing or

21 administrative costs. I want to say that one more

22 time, no money will be used for staffing or

23 administrative costs. We believe that healthy

24 communities need healthy people and healthy people

25 need healthy food. The produce grown in our gardens 1 are free for all residents of Elyria and it’s a 2 beautification project that eliminates the blight in

3 our beloved neighborhoods.

4 I want to thank the Committee for their time

5 and consideration.

6 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you very much.

7 MS. BOWMAN: Good evening. I just

wanted to update on what programs and what activities 9 we’re requesting. The first item I’m going to speak 10 about — I’m Liz Bowman, Parks & Recreation Director.

  1. CALLAHAN: Just state the

12 organization. We want to have it on the record.

  1. BOWMAN: Lisa Bowman, Director of

14 the Parks & Rec.

The first thing is tennis courts. I would like 16 to redo the tennis courts up at South. We currently 17 have four courts there. We would like to reduce it to 18 two. We are losing leagues that are playing there.

19 Elyria High School is going to use our courts this

20 year as is as theirs are being refurbished. We had a

21 lot of people, we have tennis lessons there, and there

22 is really no good courts in the City. It’s part of

23 our Master Plan, and that is one activity that we

24 would like to do at South.

25 Next •thing at South Park, we’d like to have two 1 drinking fountains outdoors. That’s part of the 2 Master Plan also. We have kids out there all summer

with the spray park, all the other items, we’d like to

4 add two drinking fountains located outside that would

probably operate May through October.

6 And the third thing would be a small shelter.

7 This would be not something that you could rent, just

8 like a small octagon type shape. With the addition of

9 the spray park, we anticipate excess amount of people 10 and it would just be a little extra shade in the one 11 corner of the park.

So those are the three Public Facility items 13 we’re asking for. And I’m going to let Annette

14 explain our programming which she’s in charge of each 15 one of these.

16 MS. SOLET: The three programs that we’re

17 requesting funds for are our Reach & Rise Discovery

18 Camps. We’re actually in our, this will be coming up,

19 our seventh year. Our total budget for that for the

20 past year was a little over $50,000. So we’re

21 requesting that. We, in the number of individuals, we

22 had 58% of the individuals who were LMI eligible who

23 participate in our camps. Those camps range from ages

24 6 to 18. We partner with a number of agencies and we

25 will continue that partnership.

1 The after school program, which we will run at

2 East Recreation Center, we after evaluation, we looked

3 at that and with the division of the number of

4 individuals, Middle School students being divided

between Eastern Heights, Westwood and Northwood, we

6 saw a large influx of Middle School participants.

7 With the number of LMI individuals, we had 97% were

8 LMI eligible last year.

9 And finally, our senior program we have, we

10 have an average of anywhere between 20 to about 40

11 participants a day. With a wide variety of

12 activities, we continue to adjust, meet the needs of

13 the individuals by what they’ve asked us to add. We

14 have gone from exercise, floor exercise, to a lot of

15 them can’t even get down on the floor to participate,

16 so we’ve really met the needs doing chair exercise,

17 line dancing, speakers. We’re bringing a group called 18 Evan Basin to work with the diabetic health. It’s a 19 six week series. And we have, we’re working on adult 20 coding with them and meditation through Kingston, so 21 we’re working with a lot of the agencies in the area.

I had just started attending the new initiative 23 of Lorain County Health Department, the Coalition on 24 Aging, and hopefully we’ll be able to get some more 25 individuals to be able to provide services for our

1 seniors.

2 Thank you.

3 MR. CALLAHAN: Lisa Bowman.

4 MS. BOWMAN: I wanted to say one more

5 thing. I do think we are good stewards of the money

that we have spent, every penny that we’ve gotten each

7 year. And we also reach so many people. I hope that

8 the panel considers how many people that are reached

9 for each of these programs, because we do literally

10 reach hundreds of people with what we do and what we

11 provide.

12 Thank you.

13 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you.

14 Are there any other Proponents?

15 Please state your organization and your name

16 and address for the record.

17 MR. STEWART: Hello, my name is

18 Edward Stewart. I represent the Elyria Bicycle

19 Education Center on Middle Avenue. My address is

20 1001 Rosalee here in Elyria. Is there anything else I

21 need?

22 MR. CALLAHAN: You got it all.

23 MR. STEWART: Our project application is

24 one of the incomplete ones. And the reason that it’s

25 called incomplete is because we’re a brand new 1 501(c)(3) applicant and if any of you have any, a

close relationship with the IRS that might help us.

3 Ted, I don’t know if that might come into your

4 territory or not.

5 I understand the decision that was made just a

6 few minutes ago that we would have only until the 23rd

7 to complete our application, is that what was said?

8 MR. CALLAHAN : Yes, to answer your

9 question, the Committee concurred that 4:30 on Monday,

10 the 23rd.

  1. STEWART: So we have until the 23rd 12 to hear back from the IRS on our 501 (c)(3), that’s 13 the only part that’s incomplete. I’m unclear on where 14 we stand on this.
  2. CALLAHAN : What we understand is that 16 your documents to the City of Elyria have to be with 17 the Community Development Department on 4:30, Monday, 18 the 23rd.

Now, if indeed there’s something that you

20 haven’t got back from the IRS as you said, please make 21 a note of that on your additional paperwork.

  1. STEWART: All right. Thank you very

23 much.

24 The project, if can just explain the project in

25 brief. We’re a new bike shop in town. In fact, we’re 1 the only bicycle service in all of Elyria. The 2 project plans to take our services out into the 3 community and to expand mechanical skills among the 4 children. Our target is ages 12 to 15 and the

5 children in the immediate neighborhood in South Elyria.

We’re also going over into the southeast side 8 and the west side, and we hope to partner with the

9 Parks & Rec Department on some of the operations as 10 well as the Boys & Girls Club and other civic

11 organizations. And we had hoped to partner with the 12 schools on this, but if the funding is delayed, that 13 might be a little doubtful. But we expect to reach at 14 least 16 individuals in the target age group, plus

15 their older siblings and possibly their parents who 16 they can drag along into the program.

Thank you for your due consideration on this.

  1. CALLAHAN: Thank you, Mr. Stewart.
  2. BAIRD: Mr. Callahan.
  3. CALLAHAN: Yes, Mr. Baird.
  4. BAIRD: If I might comment, you know,

22 if you don’t get the things in on time, you know,

23 that’s not our situation. You know, there is always

24 next year. I don’t want to put anybody off, but we

25 have deadlines and son on that we have to meet. And 1 so if we can’t, you know, if you don’t have all the 2 information unless it’s just pending, something is 3 going to happen, but we have to put together a 4 deadline that we have to submit this. Is that

5 correct?

  1. CALLAHAN: That is correct.
  2. BAIRD: Okay.
  3. CALLAHAN: Please state your name and

9 address for the record and organization.

10 MS. MEISTER: I want to thank you for

11 your time and opportunity to apply. My name is

12 Caroline Meister. I work for the YWCA of Elyria,

13 which is at 318 West Avenue.

14 So we’re applying for a new program called the

15 Elyria Elders Project. And this program comes out of

16 the YWCA history as oldest multi-racial women’s

17 organization. It started in Elyria in 1913. And

18 we’ve got history. We’re a very welcoming place to

19 people of all races and all incomes.

20 So we’re hoping with this program to provide

21 opportunities that we feel is missing for low income

22 seniors for enrichment, recreation and socializing.

23 Social isolation is a serious threat for health. It’s

24 lead to chronic diseases like hypertension, heart

25 disease, diabetes, depression, dementia and premature 1 mortality. So we see this as really key as also a

2 health initiative.

3 And one other piece to think about is that we

4 do programs that focus on supporting girls who’ve

5 experienced trauma, preteen and teen girls. And there

6 have been studies that have come out called ACES, the

7 Adverse Childhood Experience Study, and it shows how

8 traumatic experiences in youth affect health later in

9 life.

So our hope is also to be able to connect these 11 elders with youth, because having a mentor and having 12 something you belong to is a factor that promotes

13 resiliency. So we see it as a way to benefit both

14 youth and seniors.

And one more thing, we would like to take the 16 seniors on trips to go to arts, go to places like

17 Karamu House or nature centers. And we also hope to 18 offer workshops and classes. And in between we house 19 the YMCA within the YWCA and they have a program

20 called Silver Sneakers, so we’d like to offer classes 21 through that, as well as cooking and art workshops.

Thank you for your consideration.

  1. CALLAHAN: Thank you very much.

24 Just name, address and organization for the

25 record.

1 MS. TIGHE: My name is Jessica Tighe, and

2 I am speaking on behalf of Spark Theater Company.

3 We’re based out of 423 Oxford Avenue.

4 We currently do not have a brick and mortar

location, but we’re working to build our home in

6 Elyria. And Spark Theater Company is working to

7 celebrate the power of young people and revolutionize

8 the perception of art intended for them.

9 We are proposing a program for south central

10 youth offering arts and drama classes that they would

11 normally not be able to afford otherwise. So the

12 grant would offset the cost to those students.

13 Thank you for your time.

14 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you.

15 Same, name, address and name of organization

16 for the record.

17 MR. CHARLES: My address is 233 Bond

18 Street. My name is Trent Charles. And I represent

19 Southside Pride Community Collaborative. Thank you

20 for your time.

21 We are requesting funds for transportation for

22 Middle School students in South Elyria to approved out

23 of school time opportunities. One thing that Elyria

24 has going for it, it has an array of wonderful out of

25 school time opportunities, although there does exist 1 deficiencies in the students getting to those 2 opportunities. So Southside Pride is looking to fill 3 that gap to provide that transportation, so that the 4 students have access to all the wonderful 5 opportunities that do exist in the City.

6 So the funding would go towards hiring a driver

7 that would operate the bus and for funds going toward

8 two-way communication and tracking, so that we know

9 where the bus is going. This would provide safe,

10 reliable transportation to all of the Middle School

11 students in South Elyria.

12 So I thank you for your consideration.

13 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you.

14 Name, address for the record and organization.

15 MR. DIXON: My name is John Dixon,

16 222 University, Elyria, Ohio. I’m the Program

17 Director for the Elyria Mini Pioneers for the youth

18 football program here in Elyria.

19 What we did two years ago is we took all three

20 youth football programs here in the City and combined

21 them into one big unit. We work directly with the

22 athletic director of Elyria High School and the high

23 school football coach as a feeder program for the

24 junior high schools or for the junior highs. We have

25 six teams this year. We do first grade through sixth 1 grade. We have 130 football players and around 20 2 cheerleaders this year, so we have about 150 kids in 3 our second season here.

We’re located in South Park. And the reason

5 that we do that is we try to direct everything towards 6 the families that really can’t afford to travel and

7 even across Elyria. We try to locate ourselves to

8 make it easy for those kids. And anything that, you 9 know, the City of Elyria can do to help this program 10 would be greatly appreciated.

So thank you for your time.

  1. CALLAHAN: Okay. Thank you.

Are there any Proponents? Are there any

14 Proponents?

Theresa, you wanted to speak?

  1. SHEA: Theresa Shea, 519 East Avenue.

Since I’ve been coming to these meetings for 18 ten years, I always like to comment on the new people 19 applying and what we have to look forward to this next 20 year. And I like to pick certain ones, just like you 21 do, although I would like Engineering to give me

22 sidewalk money for East Avenue. That’s not in the

23 written program, but I do. I think I forgot to ask

24 last year.

25 But I’m very excited about some of these 1 programs. I may not know their official names, but 2 the bike program, I have seen people who usually walk 3 down the street, yelling and screaming, riding 4 bicycles now being calmer. Until somebody runs their 5 bike over and I tell them, go back there, they’ll help 6 you repair it. So I’ve actually seen it have an 7 impact on some very unusual people in my neighborhood. 8 So I really like what’s happening with that.

I like the theater group because everybody is 10 an actor on the street around there, and the youth

11 don’t have that much to do. There’s some very smart 12 young teenagers that live in my area and younger ones, 13 and I think it would just be a lovely program for

14 them.

15 Let’s see. I like the community garden idea 16 too, because it actually would be more local. Of

17 course, I want one on East Avenue, but we do have some 18 beautiful land that used to be horrible houses. And 19 Mr. Brubaker knows, and that would be a really nice 20 one there. But that’s a good way, right at the ground 21 level to funnel the children into something.

I like the Discovery Camps. I like the YWCA

23 idea. Of course I like Bobby Taylor’s. I always

24 forget the names, I’m sorry. But he’s so good with

25 the kids, oh, that’s the community garden, but I used 1 to watch him at the Boys & Girls Club with the kids.

But I do see a lot of people a little greedy

for money here for their staffs. That’s not really

4 what this is about, I don’t think. I think there is

5 so many unique programs here, we could all pick

6 different ones and have a lovely, lovely set of

7 programs. Any questions?

8 MR. CALLAHAN: Thank you, Theresa. Thank

9 you.

10 Are there any Proponents? Are there any

11 Proponents? Are there any Proponents?

12 Are there any Opponents? Are there any

13 Opponents? Are there any Opponents?

14 I declare this Public Hearing has been held.

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11 C E R T I F I C A T E

12 I, Kathleen A. Hopkins, a stenotype reporter,

13 do hereby certify that I attended the taking of the

14 foregoing Public Hearing for the City of Elyria, Ohio,

15 wrote the same in stenotype, and that this is a true

16 and correct transcript of my stenotype notes.

17

Kathleen A. Hopkins (Electronic Signature)

18 Kathleen A. Hopkins, Notary Public

My commission expires 1-10-20

19 Filed in Lorain County, Ohio