FINANCE COMMITTEE *REVISED* AGENDA
1. Approval of the 11/13/2017 Finance Meeting Minutes
2. The matter of amending Chapter 165.04 (14) from two (2) personal days to seven (7) days.
REFERRED BY: SS Director Siwierka
3. The matter of establishing a rental fee and amending the fee ordinance for the use of Pioneer Plaza.
REFERRED BY: Parks Director Bowman
4. The matter of waiving any Elyria Building Permit Fees for demolition or construction for projects 2018 through 2020 in any City Parks REFERRED BY: Parks Director Bowman
5. The matter of authorizing the Mayor to enter into a loan agreement through the Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance (DEFA) for the SSO/CSO/WWPCP Wet Weather Program.
REFERRED BY: City Engineer Ujvari
6. The matter of completing the installation of the new phone system in the Fire Department, Parks and Rec Department and all City Hall offices. REFERRED BY: Assistant Finance Director Farrell
7. The matter of updating Chapter 192 of the Elyria Codified Ordinances, which has been made necessary by the Ohio General Assembly’s passage of House Bill 49. REFERRED BY: Law Director’s Chief of Staff Deery
8. The matter of part-time/seasonal salary ordinance for the purpose of eliminating and adjusting certain salary steps and adding certain job grades to remain in compliance with the State of Ohio minimum wage.
REFERRED BY: Assistant Finance Director Farrell
9. The matter of forwarding to the Lorain County Auditor’s office a lien for unpaid utility charges at 113 Timber Ridge Dr. REFERRED BY: SS Director Siwierka
10. The matter of forwarding to the Lorain County Auditor’s office a lien for unpaid utility charges at Waters Edge Apartment Complex; 1306, 1308, 1310 and 1312 East Avenue. REFERRED BY: SS Director Siwierka
11. The matter of approving Amendment No. 1 for the Water and Sanitary Sewer Rate Study.
REFERRED BY: Engineer Ujvari
12. The matter of approving Amendment No. 1 for the City of Elyria Capacity, Management, Operation and Maintenance Plan (CMOM). REFERRED BY: City Engineer Ujvari
13. The matter of approval and acceptance of the collective bargaining agreement with the FOP Supervisors and authorizing a change to the salary ordinance. REFERRED BY: SS Director Siwierka
OTHER PENDING ITEMS
1. The matter of citizen requests for additional street lighting. W/ CD Referred by: SSD Siwierka (tabled 1/11/16)4/11/16 tabled to pending items)
2. The matter of a request from Lorain County Administrator Cordes requesting that the City return a portion of water fees for the maintenance of infrastructure. REFERRED BY: SSD Siwierka (tabled 5/31/16)
3. The matter of the county water and sewer billing services. REFERRED BY: SSD Siwierka tabled 10/11/16
4. The matter of equipping police cruisers and police officers with video cameras. (4/24/17 tabled to pending, awaiting prices)
REFERRED BY: Councilman Tanner
5. The matter of the Unpaid (aged) Utility Bills to be placed as Tax Liens to the Lorain County Auditor’s Office. w/ Utilities **( Tabled)** REFERRED BY: Director Siwierka
6. The matter of approving an Ordinance authorizing the Mayor to approve replacing Light Bulbs on State Route 57 to LED Bulbs. (Tabled by Finance Chair 9/11/17) (Utilities and Finance) REFERRED BY: Safety Service Director Siwierka
7. The matter of a review of several Supervisory Salary Ranges for Non-Bargaining Managers, Department Heads and Superintendents. (Tabled 9/11/17 & 9/25/17) REFERRED BY: Mayor Brinda and Safety Director Siwierka
Standing Referrals: Union Contracts, The Fee Ordinance, The Salary Ordinance, Changes to Chapter 165, EPA Matters, Enterprise Zone Agreements / Tax Abatement / CRA Matters-Agreements w/ Community Development, Fire Station Work, Police Complex Work, Issue 2 Matters, Rural Enterprise Zone Matters, sale of City owned land w/ Community Development, Acquiring properties for land reutilization in Compliance with the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. w/Community Development
Finance Agenda November 27, 2017